“A totally indulgent monkey bread made surprisingly easy thanks to refrigerated cinnamon roll dough. Loaded up with layers of fresh apples and toasted walnuts, this pull-apart bread fills your home with the scent of cinnamon and nutmeg while it bakes and looks stunning on your breakfast or brunch table.”
Apple-Walnut Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread
5 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
1 medium apple – peeled, cored, and minced
2 (17.5 ounce) cans refrigerated cinnamon roll dough with icing
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Brush the inside of a fluted tube pan with 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl. Combine 1/4 cup of the spiced sugar mixture with minced apples and stir until coated.
- Separate cinnamon roll dough rounds and cut into quarters. Set aside the icing.
- Spoon 1/2 of the apple mixture and 1/2 of the walnuts into the bottom of the prepared pan. Roll 1/2 of the cinnamon roll quarters in the remaining spiced sugar and place on top of the apples and walnuts. Spoon 1/2 of the remaining butter over dough. Repeat with remaining apples, walnuts, dough, and butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 45 minutes. Let bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a plate. Cool for 5 more minutes before coating with icing.